You are here: Home / MTB Tours / Down from Portachuelo to Yungay
MTB down from Portachuelo to Yungay
5 hours full ride about
3.5 hours by transporte & 5 hours bike ride down.
Every day (minimum 2 person)
Mountain biking - medium level
YES, feel free to ask for extra services.
Non escorted tour:
All tours, hotels, transfers, transport & domestic flights are booked but you do not have a tour guide in the evenings, leisure hours etc. All tours are with English speaking guide and joined with other tourists.
This is one of the most spectacular cycling routes in Cordillera Blanca; ends in Quebrada Llanganuco which enters the highest mountains in the Peru (Huascaran, Chopicalqui, Chacraraju, Pisco y Huandoy); during descent we admire the most amazing views of turquoise lagunas(Orconcocha and Chinancocha); without doubt this is the "must do" route for every traveller.
After breakfast we pick you up from your hotel and with private transport and our bikes we head towards Callejon de Huaylas; en Yumgay we take a road to the entrance of Huascaran National Park; we admire huascaran the highest mountain in the Peru on the right and huandoy on the left; we zigzag a road till we arrive at Paso Portachuelo; we prepare our bicycles, take some photos of spectacular views of Cordillera Blanca and after we descent to LLanganuco lagunas; we stop to take some more pictures of the laguna and the mountains; we continue descent towards town of Yungay where our transport to Huaraz awaits us.
- Private transport from to your hotel.
- Professional mountain biking tour guide in English or Spanish.
- Entrance to all the attractions if we visit Huascaran National park.
- Biking gear (tools, tube, gloves, inflator)
- Snack (fruits, cereals, sandwich)
Bear in mind
- Tip for your guide and driver
- Drinking water
- This package are without accompanying guide: in the evenings and free time, you need to be a bit independent, choose your restaurants, clearing the bill etc. All tours are with English guidance so a good understanding of English is a requirement. Knowing how to say "hello" and "thank you" in Spanish would also be nice. A travel guide (book) will be necessary for background information, restaurants etc.
More information? contact us
The prices could vary according to the dates of travel, eg Easter holidays or Independence Day of Peru.
Map of the tour
Book this tour now! Click here