You are here: Home / MTB Tours / Huaraz to Huarmey
Mountain biking Huaraz to Huarmey
Mountain biking from Mountain to Coast, mtb experience Huaraz to Huarmey. This is a great mountain biking tour package 3 days starting in Huaraz (3100 masl) to Huarmey at the coast (20masl) with stops on viewpoints, rural villages and enjoying unforgettable sunsets. Meet this our new proposal mountain biking tour package combining Cordillera Blanca, Cordillera Negra and coast valley full ride.
3 days/2 nights.
Custom program (minimum 2 person)
Mountain biking - hard level
YES, feel free to ask for extra services.
Non escorted tour:
All tours, hotels, transfers, transport & domestic flights are booked but you do not have a tour guide in the evenings, leisure hours etc. All tours are with English speaking guide and joined with other tourists.
Cycling route which connects Huaraz with Hurmey( through Punta Callan); one of the most enjoyable routes in Cordillera Negra( 220 km approx.); ascent till Punta Callan ( viewpoint of Cordillera Blanca); trail of 3 days of ascending and descenting towards huarmey located on the coast; this journey takes us through small villages, peacefull landscapes ; trail leads from huaraz west to Punta Callan , descent to Yupash, rough trak to villahes of Pira…..arriving at the coast of Huarmey after 3 days.
Day1: Huaraz - Punta Callan - Cajamarquilla
45 min in the car; 5h cycling
From Punta Callan; descent till Yupash; we take unpaved trail to Cajamarquilla; first we pass through Pira; overnight stay in Cajamarquilla.
Day 2: Cajamarquilla - Pampas Grande - Huanchay
8 hours (with stops)
After breakfast we ascent till Punta Castilla; we pass through forest of Puya Raymondi ( typical plant of Andes); descent zigzag road till Pampas Grande; lunch and small break; we continue for another 2h till Huanchay( beginning of the coast valley); overnight stay.
Day 3: Huanchay - coastal valley - Huarmey
We cycle along the valley Colcap; stop frequently till we reach Puerto de culebras; we drive in the car till Huarmey; return to Huaraz or overnight in Huarmey.
- Private transport from to your hotel.
- Professional mountain biking tour guide in English or Spanish.
- Entrance to all the attractions if we visit Huascaran National park.
- Biking gear (tools, tube, gloves, inflator)
- Snack (fruits, cereals, sandwich)
- Camping equipments, or lodging in Chacas village.
- Breakfast, box lunch and dinner (according to program)
What to wear?
- Tip for your guide and driver
- Drinking water
And plenty desire for adventure.
- During descent the route is more technical ; we do reccommend to wear cask ( VERY IMPORTANT); elbow and knee pads( optional); good camera( go-pro), plenty of patches and air-pump there is great deal of small stones which can easly puncture your tires; basic tools, screwdriver; waterproof clothes ,poncho, windproof jacket( its windy during descent ); necessary medications, mentol, repelent, sun-cream, toilet paper.
Light snacks: dry fruits, peanuts, cookies, energy bars, bread or sándwich, chocolate, energy juice, wáter, sweet and lemony refreshments but not to heavy to carry during journey.
Rubbish bag, Camera, batteries, torch, sun-glasses, hat, matches
Optional: GPS, binoculars, mobile phone.
- This route is very demanding, but one of the best ones to do with mountain bike; its a journey from Huaraz through mountainous and coastal landscapes, diverse ecological zones; unforgetful and unic experience ; possibility of enjoying beach during months of december january february and march.
More information? contact us
The prices could vary according to the dates of travel, eg Easter holidays or Independence Day of Peru.
Map of the tour
Book this tour now! Click here