You are here: Home / MTB Tours / Huaraz to Punta Callan circuit
Mountain Biking Huaraz Punta Callan circuit
5 hours full ride about
5 hours aprox.
Every day (minimum 2 person)
Mountain biking - aclimatization level
YES, feel free to ask for extra services.
Non escorted tour:
All tours, hotels, transfers, transport & domestic flights are booked but you do not have a tour guide in the evenings, leisure hours etc. All tours are with English speaking guide and joined with other tourists.
There is plenty of cycling routes connecting Huaraz with Cordillera Negra
; and this one combines power with adrenaline Huaraz- Punta Callan. Located 30 km , 1h in car west from Huaraz in Cordillera Negra; for those well acclimatised its a 3h climb.
Ascent route to Punta Callan( 4200 m);which is a natural viewpoint of Cordillera Blanca; descent through rural villages to Huaraz; approx 5h tour.
From Punta Callan there is a grand view over Cordillera Blanca; to descent we got two trails to choose from:
We go back same way we came( its easier now)
We travers through small, rural villages; approx. 2h but we can contemplate views and stop quite often to take some photos; in the end we take a asphalt road direct to Huaraz.
- Private transport from to your hotel (but in this case we will leave by bycicle from your hotel).
- Professional mountain biking tour guide in English or Spanish.
- Entrance to all the attractions if we visit Huascaran National park.
- Biking gear (tools, tube, gloves, inflator)
- Snack (fruits, cereals, sandwich)
Bear in mind
- Tip for your guide and driver
- Drinking water
- This package are without accompanying guide: in the evenings and free time, you need to be a bit independent, choose your restaurants, clearing the bill etc. All tours are with English guidance so a good understanding of English is a requirement. Knowing how to say "hello" and "thank you" in Spanish would also be nice. A travel guide (book) will be necessary for background information, restaurants etc.
More information? contact us
The prices could vary according to the dates of travel, eg Easter holidays or Independence Day of Peru.
Map of the tour
Book this tour now! Click here